Statement on COVID-19 .
Dear members of EAHP, members of SH and all those interested in the 20th EAHP-SH Symposium and Workshop.
As announced to you during the last week of April, the Board of the European Association for Haematopathology has decided to postpone the 20th EAHP-SH Symposium and Workshop. This has now been re-scheduled to now take place virtually from April 25th-29th, 2021.
In Europe, the COVID-19 situation is improving and, in most countries, we are slowly being allowed to resume our lives and start adapting to the “new normal”. We all hope that progress will continue and, although we may expect inevitable setbacks over the coming months, we anticipate being able to receive you all in April 2021 in a safe and responsible virtual environment. At this moment in time, the postponement may be a disappointment; it certainly is for all those who have put so much effort into selecting challenging cases, preparing abstracts for submission, and for all involved in the organization. However, we can now look forward enthusiastically to a meeting in the spring.
Below you will find detailed information on abstract submissions, early bird registration, travel grant application and handling of existing registrations and hotel bookings.
Cases for the Lymphoma Workshop
The Lymphoma Workshop Panel is busy evaluating a challenging set of 328 submitted cases that cover the spectrum of overlaps borderlines and mimics around Hodgkin lymphoma and aggressive B-cell lymphomas . If needed, contributors will be approached for additional information and updates on follow-up. The submission portal will remain closed as no further new cases will be accepted for the Workshop. Notifications of acceptance will be sent on 15th February 2021. Detailed information will be announced as soon as this becomes available.
Cases for the Bone Marrow Workshop
The Bone Marrow Workshop Panel completed the revision of a very interesting set of 167 submitted cases. If needed, submitters will be requested for additional information or follow-up. The submission portal will remain closed as no further new cases will be accepted for the Workshop.
Abstracts for the Lymphoma and Bone Marrow Symposia
- Abstract notification of acceptance: February 15th, 2021
- Early bird registration closes: January 25th, 2021
- Standard fee registration closes: April 5th, 2021
David Mason Award
- DMA submission deadline: February 1st, 2021
- Project proposals, including a recent curriculum vitae should be submitted to the EAHP secretary-treasurer Birgitta Sander (email@example.com).
Travel Grant Application
- Submission deadline: March 8th, 2021
- Applications, including a recent curriculum vitae should be submitted to the EAHP secretary-treasurer Birgitta Sander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registration and hotel reservations
- All registrations and hotel bookings that are already performed via the meeting website will remain valid for the corresponding activities at the re-scheduled dates.
- Those who have booked the package including accommodation at one of the Valamar hotels will receive € 200,- return as a consequence of lower hotel room rates in April 2021. Reimbursement is to be settled at registration in Dubrovnik in April 2021.
- In case of cancellation of registration without a hotel booking, full reimbursement of the registration fee will be offered with deduction of € 30,- administration fee.
- In case of cancellation of registration including a hotel booking via the website at one of the Valamar hotels, full reimbursement of the registration fee and hotel costs will be offered with deduction of € 50,- administration fee.
- Only cancellations in writing to MCI via email@example.com can be accepted.
- For all further questions on registrations and hotel bookings, please contact our Congress Organiser MCI via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For now, please remain safe and healthy. We are looking forward to meeting you in better times and at a wonderful EAHP-SH meeting in spring.
Daphne de Jong
President of the European Association for Haematopathology
Frequently Asked Questions .
We have decided to postpone the meeting to 25–29 April 2021.
All registrations and hotel bookings remain valid for the new date in April unless otherwise requested by you.
If you are unable to attend the meeting in April 2021, we will refund the registration fee minus a 30€ administration fee.
If you have booked the package registration incl. 5 hotel nights, we will refund the registration fee and the hotel booking fee minus a 50€ administration fee.
All already submitted abstracts will remain valid for the new date in April 2021. But you have the possibility to update your submission. You can just login in to the abstract portal with your login details. if you have any questions you can contact us via e-mail (email@example.com).
All already submitted cases will remain valid for the new date in April. It is not possible to update your submission or change anything.
Snjezana Dotlic .
Chair local organiser
On behalf of the Organising Committee